Sunday 13 September 2009

Calling all angels...

Hello blog world :)


Ok so following the trend of my Lush product reviews I thought I would review another face scrub called 'Angels on bare skin'


I think this product is made for combination skin, not to be confused with problem skin, the reason I say combination is because my Mum has oily/combo skin and she absolutely swears by it. Also my best friend has dry skin and she also loves it. So it is probably a good product to start with if you think you might be in the combination category :)


Angels on bare skin is such a gentle milk-like scrub that kind of feels 'oaty' you know like porridge/oatmeal? That sounds wierd but don't let my bad descriptions put you off because it is an amazing cleanser.


The product itself is almost like a big ball of dough like cookie dough but it is crumbly at the same time (wow good job at explaining haha) and all you do is take a small amount and rub it in your hands to create a milky/oaty paste. When I first used this I got freaked out a little beacuse when I rubbed my hands together it felt like all the grains that were meant to scrub your face were gone but don't be fooled because it becomes a gentle milk formula and you can definitely feel it working.


There are little bit of herbs or grains in the mixture which can get stuck in your lips when scrubbing and they don't taste too good (trust me I know) and the essential oils in it smell really good and feel great on the skin. So as long as you keep your mouth shut (not to say that I let my mouth hang wide open haha) and make sure you thoroughly rinse your face you are good to go. I like to use this product on the days that I don't use my Dark Angels as it is a little more gentle and a lot of the time my skin cannot decide if it is oily or combination! And this is great for that


Here is a picture of the product to get an idea of the formula...

I don't know if the picture is very good but you get the idea :)
Product round up:
The good
-It will work for combination skin so it's great if you aren't sure which skin type you are or if you literally have oily t-zone and dry cheek area
-Again the price is really reasonable
-The smell I really love because I love essential oils and almonds and all that good stuff
-The name is adorable
The bad
-If you have really problem skin this probably won't work as well as other scrubs
-The little herbs or grains that are mixed in aren't as tasty as you would think but as long as you keep your mouth tightly shut whilst cleansing it's all good
I hope this was somewhat interesting for you guys and I hope you all have a lovely Sunday. Oh and p.s. I saw Dorian Gray last night and although it is creepy I loved it (and Ben Barnes is delicious!) I'd recommend it :)
Blog to you soon
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment