Sunday 6 September 2009

First blog, first review, first jitters!

Hello blog world :)


This is my very first blog and I am indeed going to kick it off with a review of one of my favourite products from Lush

My absolute desert island product from Lush is not an easy pick as I am very pro Lush - I can't help it when I go in the store or even walk past my purse is barking at the door, it smells amazing in there - Anwyay, as I was saying...

I have lots of favourites however my very very top favourite is, baring in mind bath bombs are exempt from desert island scenario, one of their face scrubs called Dark Angels. Here is a sneaky pic..


It is a charcoal/mud based so it really doesn't smell half as good as the bath bombs, however if (like me) you have oily skin or your pores get clogged because you live in the city, blah blah blah, then this scrub will do wonders for you. I use it every other day and that works for my skin, if you want to try this product for the first time I would recommend only using it once or twice per week until your skin needs it more.

The product itself is really easy to use, it is almost like a sand texture, or charcoal I guess hence the ingredients (duh Meg!), but when it's mixed with water it becomes a paste and all you do is massage over your face and it thoroughly scrubs out the grime from your pores and believe me I have tried a lot of products that claim to cleanse problem pores but this is only product I've found that works and makes my life so much easier. It feels like my skin has been rejuvinated and I like that - it makes me feel good :)

Product round up:

The good
-It's great for oily skin or problem pores
-Its relatively cheap for the amount you would use and how often you use it could last at least a year (and it doesn't go off for a year yay!)
-It comes in a good size tub, ideal for traveling etc.

The bad
-It does smell like charcoal so if you can't get past this smell it isn't the end of the world (although it doesn't bother me anymore)

I hope this was helpful for someone out there and not just for my benefit haha. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week and I'll blog to you soon

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. i abslty love drk angls, its part of my weekly routine.i descrvd this prdct whn i 1st srtd wrking at lush, and fell in love. i jst became ur 1st follower. cant wait to see wht you post next. oh and i love the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new blog:) I just started mine a couple of months ago, so I am new at that also. It is weird as I am more comfy in front of the camera than I am writing in my blog. It is tough. So, props to you! I look forward to further posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Make up madness : Isn't it amazing? I'm glad you agree and thank you for becoming my first follower I now have 3 and am over the moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @macface2adore : wow I watch you on youtube and you're amazing almost fainted when I saw you were following my blog haha, thank you so much :) I hope I can help some people with my little blog!

    ReplyDelete